Adult Saturday Flu Clinic Dates 2017
Our flu clinic dates for 2017 are as follows:
- Saturday 23rd September - 9:00am -11:00am at The Penn Surgery
- Saturday 30th September - 9:00am -11:00am at The Simpson Centre
- Saturday 21st October - 9:00am - 11:00am at The Simpson Centre
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus.
The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains.
You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
We offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- or have:
- a serious heart or chest complaint, including asthma
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have ever had a stroke
Child Saturday Flu Clinic Dates 2017
Our child flu clinic date for 2017 is:
- Saturday 7th October - 9:00am -11:00am at The Simpson Centre
Letters have now gone out to all eligible 2 & 3 year olds with advice to ring the surgery to book a slot and reserve a vaccine as supplies are restricted.
Older children covered by the current national programme are being offered the vaccination via the school service.
If you have any queries please contact the surgery.
Flu and the Flu Vaccine – NHS Choices
Children’s Flu Vaccine – NHS Choices
Flu Vaccine FAQ’s – NHS Choices
Keeping our focus on Flu - gov.uk news
Which Flu Vaccine should children have? – gov.uk (PDF)
The Flu Vaccination – gov.uk (PDF)